Indexes to old Boys Life and Scouting

Over the holidays, I cleaned out my closets and found many years worth of Boys Life and Scouting Magazines. They aren't old enough to get any money from them on Ebay, so I decided to donate them as a resource for the Scouts in the troop. The troop librarian is organizing them. I wanted to see how I could get an index of what is in the magazines over the years. Does anyone know how I could access something like that without going through and copying the table of contents of each magazine?

Thanks in advance for your help.

There was an earlier thread on this with a link to BL to get the indexes. I can't remember now which one but use the search link here to find it.

Out of curiosity, what years do you have?

If you only have twenty years worth, I would be tempted to do a personal search for 'good' items and copy them. The paper quality is not good and the magazines will most likely not remain in good shape for long if not handled and stored carefully.

If you feel that you do not have the time, I would tap a committee person that may have the time to do it. You may want to bookmark the GBB and the Whittlin' Jim items especially for copying.

Any Scout that will store,handle, or copy the magazines should be trained on the procedures to care for them. It is not rocket science and they are not gold but a little care goes a long way for the time when they will be worth something on ebay.

Your Good Turn idea for helping Scouts to find quality material is to be commended.

FB