Looking for suggestions!

I've had issues with parent's "misunderstanding" about achievements. My favorite was when a parent requested 28 belt loops and pins prior to one pack meeting. I asked her for details about the horseback riding belt loop and pin she requested. She said the family went to horseback riding in Hawaii two years prior (before even joining Cub Scouts). Really?!?!?

I am less likely to question the parents entries if I know we will be covering it with the den. I had a parent sign off on aquanaut saying it was done in swim lessons and when they rented canoes. So they subbed the canoe for the row boat... knowing that the program will be changing to a canoe... I guess that can slide. I doubt that they actually did the pdf float and explained how to properly let it dry. As far as the swimming parts I am sure that they did bits and pieces in swim lessons (1, 2, 4 parts of 8) but I don't think they would have discussed the buddy system, rescue methods nor the specific of the bsa test.

But I knew that we were going to cover aquanaut. So in reality he received the achievement 4 months before the some of the others. He "re-earned" it with the den.

This topic is one of the reasons I am frustrated with on-line advancement tools. Especially those that parents can use to record advancement.

IMHO, I'd rather just use Excel and email the next set of advancements to the advancement coordinator. It stops the out-of-control parent.

=============================

Focus on creating a great program for the rest of the Webelos.

Audit the "as a den" or similar requirements.

I assume that all of the online advancement tools has user rights that could limit the entries to the den leaders.

There is no way that I would want to be an advancement coordinator in a big pack if I had to receive a bunch of spreadsheets and come up with the order (I was in a pack of 150 with 20ish dens). Small pack with small dens email and a spreadsheet works.