Arrow of Light knot for Scouters--how to get it?

I think you should go and get the knot. I got my knot and I recieved my Arrow of Light in 1962. A scout is Trustworthy. Anyway I think anyone who has been in Scouting for any length of time can sifer out those who may or may not have done exactly everything required for a knot.

I have noticed that in most cases (not all) those who have stacks of knots...lets just say those who wear a couple seem to be with the program.

---I did have my card with me just incase the Scout office asked for proof. They diden't.

--edited by Eagle Foot---

A scout is trustworthy....

However, as people have noted in other threads, being an EAGLE scout is valuble to people outside of scouting - for that very reason, someone may go down to our local Ace hardware (our local retail distributer) and try to purchase an Eagle patch.

Point being that if they are NOT a scout - they are not necessarily 'trustworthy'

i doubt that anyone outside of scouting would know or care what OA or square knots were, and those IN scouting that were not qualified and tried to wear tham would be known, by somebody in the council.

It's also been pointed out by a wise SM I know, that there are "Scouts" and then, there are boys who wear a scout uniform. Not necessarily the same thing.

I don't see a problem with requiring some form of proof to buy insignia of a certain level - especially the Eagle patch. On the other hand, I don't think most retail distributors carry those kind of insignia, at least, not in our council. They carry council patches, year pins, numbers, some patrol patches maybe - but anything that is 'earned' our local troop order from the council trading post.

and I don't know if they ask for proof of anything

Laura

Control of rank patches is to prevent "stockpiling" by units. The Councils want to make sure the advancement reports get filed properly, thus preventing embarrassing problems when a scout files his Eagle application.

If anyone wants to impersonate an Eagle Scout, by wearing a medal, rank patch or square knot, he can get whatever he needs on Ebay.