Hello to you in Richmond! My old stomping grounds - I'm an EKU alum (class of 86). I, too, am SM of a new charter troop, so my wishes are similar to yours. Although we've gotten the dining canopy and am starting to trailer shop (thanks to some nice benefactors).

Our big goal for next year is transitioning more to a boy-led troop. We're not there, but taking it one step at a time. We're holding JLT over Christmas break, and instituting formal PLC & Patrol meetings starting in January. Wish us luck!

Hey Eagle

EKU class of 88 myself. Wishe we has some of those benefactors for sure. We have been implementing boy led since starting the troop up this March. It's been slow going with all 11 year olds. They have needed lots of guideance. They just elected their first SPL (there decision to wait to get to know each other) but have had patrol leaders since they started. Two patrols (Eagles and Cobras). What council and district are you in?

LHC - Dan Boone District. Although I did work camp staff at Camp McKee in 82-84.

We did institute 2 patrols (we have 9 boys) right away. They elected PLs and we appointed troop positions. We've struggled along the way. Without older Jr. Leaders to model, we've had to try and teach them to lead along the way. Occasionally we've taken our hands of the reigns, and of course, they usually end up in the ditch! But, they learn more every time.

The changes we are making in January will help reinforce the boy-led concepts. We're holding elections after JLT and will move forward with a new slate of leaders. I'm excited about the next phase. We hope to elect an SPL next summer. We all agreed that we needed more time to get ready for that. I also expect the dynamics of 6 or more new Webelos joining in March will change things a little.

As for the benefactor, it's amazing what you can get when you just ask.

1. FIND A JOB!

2. Find a job that allows time for Scouts.... I probably won't get to go to camp with the boys this summer! :-(

3. finish painting/ remodeling my house (but you know, it NEVER ends...)

4. Get out the old Pop-up camper - either use it or sell it!

5. Have a HUGE garage sale and get rid of all my junk!

6. Use the money from above garage sale to buy a new tent and camping gear.

7. Possibly go back to school for my Master's.