Ceremony for Scout leaving pack

First time poster to this forum. Hello to everyone.

I have a scout moving to another city and we wanted to have a brief ceremony at our pack meeting to let him know we won't forget him and that we feel he is important. Does anyone have one that I can "borrow" or know where I can find one. I've searched some scout sites and haven't come up with one yet.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Dion

Pack 124

Raymore, MO

I don't have a canned ceremony to share with you, just some thoughts. I'd call forward the scout, with his parents, and briefly recount his achievements. If he's a little older, perhaps incorporate lighting candles for each rank he's earned. Present him with a small scrapbook about the pack that has some pictures (include names), a unit transfer form, and a copy of your pack's records of his achievements. To keep it from getting maudlin, have the whole pack participate in a rousing send-off cheer.

I'd also contact the DE in his new district and ask him (or her) to contact the scout at his new address with info about units in his area. Moving is hard on a boy - being able to hook up with a new unit right away will make it a little easier and increase the probability that he stays in scouting.

I've never seen a canned ceremony for this. Most kids who have moved away have done so during the summer, so we normally don't get the chance to do anything. However, last year we had a Webelos that was moving to France. I gathered up a bunch of extra patches from events over the years and a few council strips. I gave them to him as a memory of what we did in KY, and to be used to trade with his new Scouting friends he would meet in France.