Executive Board, District Chairman etc - Long time scouters or political movers & shakers / fund raisers

Executive Board, District Chairman etc - Long time scouters or political movers & shakers / fund raisers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Trying to be as delicate as possible, I wanted to get some input about the make-up of their council�s officers, district committee members and other

• Mainly long time Scouters and volunteers who have worked their way up the ranks
    • Mainly money raisers and status symbols
    • A balance of the two

Trying to be as delicate as possible, I wanted to get some input about the make-up of their council’s officers, district committee members and other Executive board members.

Are these members long time Scouters and people who have been in the scout program as volunteers at the unit level and risen through the ranks or are they political and community leaders put in the position mainly to raise or donate money.

What are your thoughts on this?

I'm all for balance in all things. But, it's not just about fundraising. The best ideas come from the oddest corners. So keeping folks with a variety of scouting and non-scouting experience around the table in touch with the leading youth in your district and council seems to be the best strategy.