Battle of Great Bridge......

....for you scouts and scouters in the Tidewater area, a bunch of us will be re enacting the Rev War battle of Great Bridge on the first weekend of December (the 6 and 7th).

Sponsored by the D.A.R. and the City of Chesapeake this event is a lot of fun. The location is the Chesapeake City Park at 500 Greenbrier Rd., Chesapeake (just a short distance east of Volvo Parkway).

le V -- do you ever have any contact with the 71st NC regiment? They are based out of Moore's Creek Bridge NMP near Wilmington. I had a chance to meet some of them at an encampment and chatted with them for a while. I have an ancestor who was in the militia, although not necessarily the 71st.

Interesting guys. We're working on a Lewis & Clark theme for day camp next summer and I was talking to them about the possibility of some of their local guys doing some demonstrations for us.

I know of the 71st. However, I've no formal contact with them, other than maybe some accidential crossings at events such as Camden, or Cowpens.

Your day camp theme sounds like a lot of fun. Have you given it any thoughts for folks to make some of their own gear. Had a great Camporee lastweekend with a Mountain Man theme where a good number of the boys were wearing homemade tradeshirts (many made by mom of course). These shirts are simple to make, taking about an hour or so to turn out, and cost little....