Recruiting up or down this year ?

Recruiting is up for us. We had nine families show up for our fall registration night, and all nine wrote me a check when I said that everyone who could pay tonight would receive a flying monkey. That was a silly incentive that the council included. They were a big hit, but now I've got to deliver them. Of the nine, there were three tigers, one wolf, one bear and four Webelos. I've never had so many Webelos answer the call. Oddly, they are all fourth graders, that den was already full. We only have ONE fifth graders. actually all our dens are full now, but splitting the dens is too painful. Can't find den leaders. We almost split one den, but the parents threatened to quit if they were put with the new den leader. We are somewhere near 40 scouts now, but I think we will trim a few out at recharter. I've been recruited fall, winter and spring last year. I'm finally getting good at it. Three years ago, we only had six scouts. This year I am planning recruitment fall, winter, spring and summer. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic