My district held its fall camporee this weekend. Webelos 2 were invited to come out Saturday and spend the night. Webelos 1 were invited for the day on Saturday. I took five of my eleven Webelos 1 and we had a great time.

The district offered the Forester and Outdoorsman activity badges for the Webelos and Fire Safety for the Boy Scouts. We attended Forester and learned a little, tromped through the woods, played tag, climbed trees, ate dinner (chicken cordon cheddar? - cooked in dutch ovens) with a great troop , and enjoyed a spectacular sunset.

No complaints, no concerns, just wanted to share this example of the program working well in Cheesehead Land. To steal Barry's line - I love this scouting stuff!(This message has been edited by CubsRgr8)

We had our Camporee two weeks ago in hard driving rain. Three units braved the rain on Friday and camped out. Many of the designated campsites were under ankle deep water.

The Patrol competitions still went ahead as planned. We couldn't do Constellations on Friday night so we went to pre-drawn constellations on index cards. Orienteering was done on a nice grassy field that turned to ankle deep mud after the Scouts and Venturers were done with it.

Many Scouts and Venturers enjoyed the rain and gale force winds. By 3:00 pm Saturday the Rain and Wind got harder. I thought a typhoon was brewing out at sea and started making landfall but the weather guys just kept predicting Heavy Rains.

The unit competition was on cooking. It was a challenge for the scouts to keep the tarps from breaking away and spoiling their cooking fires. But the two units struggled and finished. The food was great and both charters tied for first place.

The Scouts and Venturers had a great time even in the pouring Rain. Even, I had great fun.

Matua