Knots...Who needs 'em!

I have only been on this forum a short while but, Wow....I had no idea that there were so many folks who did not think it right to wear the adult knots that they earned. I have even heard folks complain that there are too many cub level knots. True enough, the focus should be on the boys, but many of these knots (especially the cub knots )require your dedication to the boys in order to earn them. Some you can't even apply for, you have to be nominated for.

I only have 2 knots (Eagle and Tiger Leader), but I wear them with pride. Part of that pride is pride in the uniform. Part of it maybe a desire to be like the great scouters I grew up with. They wore their knots and as a scout I knew that those really did mean something about that persons dedication to scouting. I never looked at it as someone trying to decorate their chest.

Another similar item is the service pin. I wear mine. As a scout I was encouraged to wear them and I have continued out of habit. However, I have seen very,very few in my district who do.

So, What are everyones thoughts on Knots and service pins.

And right after I post this I see that OGE beat me too it! Ignore this one I will post in the existing thread!(This message has been edited by Sylvar)