Council Cub Scout Day Camp Chair

I agreed to accept the Council Cub Scout Day Camp Chair position. (volunteer, of course!) I'll be working with the professional over Day Camp and all of the District Day Camp Chairs as Day Camp is planned.

Just wondering if anyone out there has held this position in their council, and if so, do you have any words of advice?? Thanks!

Gidget:

Welcome to the forums! You may want to re-post your question on Sunday morning. A lot of us look only at Today's active topice and activity on the forums drops significantly over the weekend.

I have never been Concil Cub Scout Day Camp Chair, but I am the council's day camp staff advisor.

The best advice I can give you is to work closely with your district day camp chairs and make sure you provide them with everything you can to help them do their jobs. Don't do it for them, that's not your role . . . but provide the support they need and deserve.

Then, when camps actually start, do them the favor of a personal visit -- outside the inspection -- just for goodwill purposes, your own fun, and to say "good job."

Best of luck to you.

Dave Steele