FOS Family Campaign 2008

In another thread, GW said:

I wonder how gas prices are going to impact FOS donatation from those in the lower end of the earning spectrum.

I help the Finance Operating folks with FOS pitches to units, and with FOS call banks.

While our District met its overall goal (Community + Family), that was due to the Community side compensating for shortfalls in the family side.

Our District Family goal was $100K. Last time I checked, we were at $96.5K. Our junior DE, a first year man, had brought in more $$$ than any of his predecssors, but was still behind the power curve on target.

Sigh.

Are there other reports from the fields?

We surpassed our family goal by nearly 40% this year. We are still plugging away at the community goal. I've been told we should come out a little ahead of the curve at the end of the day when both are combined to meet our overall goal.

Honestly I was shocked when I heard about the success of our family campaign! One part of it was a large donation from one family but even without that we'd have made the goal and then some. Given what I've said in other threads recently about the economy around here, this came as a (very pleasant) surprise.

This is the first year in 5 years I've not been the FOS Chair for my district. I feel like I've gotten a free pass from the Cousinostro...ha!

Last year our goal was tripled, and we met it somehow. It was amazing to see it work out. This year, we've increased our overall goal by 10% and are meeting it, just. This is a very difficult economic environment to solicit donations from and I don't see it getting better for a couple of years honestly.

Good luck to all in their campaigns.