I was invited today to attend the kick off luncheon for our District Community FOS. I was asked to talk for a few minutes about the value of Scouting in our community.

The lunch was held in one of my favorite restaurants (Mark you might know it -Nino's?) The food was good.

While there were a few new faces, I was happy to see a lot of the people who have been around for a while, some who I recruited back in the day.

Our District Community FOS Chairman was stepping down and he was being replaced by one of my best friends who had served as our DE for about ten years.

We have a new DE, who started his new job on January 1st, of this year. So far I'm really impressed with him.

I was made feel very welcome. A lot of people said that they missed me and asked what I'd been doing.

I had a chat with the photographer that the local paper sent to take the pictures. Turns out he had been a Sea Scout in Florida, I invited him to the next Ship's meeting to meet the adults. He has 3 girls who are Sea Scout age!!

I had already decided how much I was going to donate to this years FOS. To keep everyone happy I decided to break it down so that the Community, Council and District all get a share. Of course it all ends up in the same pot, but by doing it this way it helps everyone meet their goals.

I know the guy who owns the restaurant, I gave him a card and came away with a pledge from him. So I gave him five more cards to work.

The DE thanked me for sending him the presentations that are being used for the Family FOS campaign. He asked where I got them? I told him from a friend I met on line -Thanks Bob White!!

It was kinda nice to be back.

I had a great day.

Eamonn.

They are are presentations to the parents of Scouts explaining how they can help to financially support local scouting. There are countless different prentations out there some good some, well.....less good. Some councils have there own scripts, some give their presenters key points and let them do their own thing. Some do both.