Primary Council

Does anybody have any experience being registered in multiple councils? Does one have to be declared as the primary council? do you have to pay dues in both? which OA Lodge can you join ect.?

I am planing on registering in a unit near my college, but still want to stay registered in the troop/crew near my house?

I'm registered in two councils. I didn't have to declare one to be primary.

What irritated me was both councils insisted on collecting the $10 registration fee.

You can join either OA lodge but only one.

Adults can be registered with more than one troop but youth are only supposed to be registered with one but a younth may regestered with one troop, and 27 crews if they desire.

I'm not 100% sure of the right answer!!

I'm sure a call to your local Council Service Center and a chat with the Council Registrar is the best answer.

There used to be a code for youth who were attending college.

I'm unsure how it worked or if it's still used.

We have adults who are adults registered in an other Council, they also serve on the Ship's Committee.

They make the other position in the other Council their primary position and pay the membership that goes to the National Office in that Council, but register as a "Multiple" with the Ship and our Council.

You should only pay the membership fee once for one person.

I do believe that you should belong to the Lodge in the Council which has your primary registration. I might be wrong!! My thinking is that if the SE of the Council is the "Chief of the Fire", he should only be Chief of people who are in the Council that he serves.

Scoutnet might not recognize two different memberships as the same person, unless someone (You?) tells it to do so and you might get hit with paying twice.

Some not so kind people might think that by trying to be two members in two Councils you might be trying to hide something!

I don't think it's a very good idea.

Do check things with the person who knows, if it seems that they don't, have them call the National Office. (They have a number that gets through to the right person!!)

Good Luck with school.

Ea.