Are rules preventing scouts from helping out?b

Bob White,

I was under the impression that liability didn't become an issue until parents wished to seek legal retribution. I think that a lot of parents would happily sue anybody they could if their child were injured. The abuse of the legal system these days are so gross that if any of these organizations were to fall into the crosshairs of a greedy lawsuit slinging parent who wanted to take advantage of the situation they would soon be bled dry. The organizations that are liable would really only have a problem if the parents chose to sue, which they are pretty likely to do in this day and age no matter who was at afult for the injury.

That's right Willy,

Read your previous post again. You name liability as the reason parents are overprotective of their kids. It's not.

Liability is the reason that organizations and businesses are overprotective of the risk they expose the scouts to.

Protectiveness takes place before the injury, liability comes after the injury.

As a parent I can tell you that the times I get protective is when I do not see that my child is fully prepared for the activity or that I feel that the activity leader not is skilled or capable for the task. It has nothing to do with liability.

Protectiveness is a parenting instinct.

Bob white