Lashing Kits for fundraisers

... and by the way, Lashingguy, thanks for at least being forward and telling us that you are the person selling the kits. I hate when people try to make us think they "found them on the internet and thought we should know about them", when they are actually trying to sell them.

well I am a Eagle scout and trying to get money for college and I am doing this business with my Dad and five brothers. The kits have helped me learn my lashings and my ten year old brother who is a Webelos scout loves makeing them also. I can not figure out why they are not selling though. they really are cool.

"I can not figure out why they are not selling though. they really are cool."

I can see where these would be useful models for summer camps and merit badge counslers. I have not reviewed the requirments for Pioneering merit badge, but would these meet any requirements? With the current ideas about cutting timber and making enough logs to build full size towers and the like, these may be an alternative.

For marketing, you may need to determine who is your target audience and them market to them. It is boys or parents? Is camps or individuals?

I noticed you mentioned as fund raisers but who would I sell these to and what would be my profit margin? I cannot imagine selling these door to door. Maybe as a merit badge counseler I would make the applicants aware of this opportunity.

Maybe your local scout store would be willing to carry them.