I recently bought a Butter Braid from a boy who was selling them to raise money for a Tai Kwon Do tournamnet in Mexico. I was wondering has anyone had any experience in selling Butter Braids. I thought they might make a good fundraiser. They tasted great and were a change from buying frozen pizza or cookie dough. I would appreciate any info or experiences anyone has. Thanks

I thought I knew what a butter braid was but was not sure. I did a Google search and found this site:

http://www.butterbraid.com/index.cfm

This is a company with dealers across the country. They are strictly a fundraiser company. It has a page that lets you find a dealer in your area where you can get more information.

• 3 weeks later...

As always keep in mind that unless you receive special permission from your Council's Scout Executive you are limited as to how you can market a company's product.

You do not have the legal authority to associate the BSA name or emblems (uniform) with a product that is not endorsed by the Boy Scouts of America.

Without specific permission from the SE you can not wear the uniform, publish, print or mention the Boy Scouts of America or your association to the Boy Scouts while publicizing, selling or delivering the brand name product.

To do so would expose you personally and your charter organization to financial penalties from anyone who sued over a problem with the product whether real or imagined (as well as trdemark infringement from the BSA).

In addition you have no legal authority to sign any contract on behalf of the charter organization or the BSA.

I don't know how much experience you had with this sort of thing so I thought I might give you fair warning.

BW