New Youth Protection Video?

I've heard mention that there is a new Youth Protection video either out or on the way. Does anyone know for sure? Maybe the rumor of a new tape was just a misunderstanding in anticipation of the online version? Who knows.

Either way, I need to get a copy to train day camp staffers and want to make sure I'm getting the latest version.

Question 2 -- it has been an article of faith around here that Youth Protection certification is good for only two years, after which you have to re-take the training. I can't find any written reference to this. Do others require bi-annual retraining? Can anyone find a written policy related to this?

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't heard of any new video, just the web training. I was a camp director and Camp School Staff over 8 years and I thought they had a seperate manual for camp staff that you got at Camp Director's training at Camp School. It was different from the general training. That was 7 years ago though. Might be worth checking though.

Mike,

The program is Council specific to allow the program to be customized to reflect the appropriate stae and local laws and local council contact information. You will need to contact your local council to see if they have theoir version on line yet. At the end of the training an email with your test score is sent to the local council contact (PART OF THE PERSONALIZATION REQUIRED) and you are send a pocket certificate to record your completion.

So you would not be able to use 'overtrained's' link since it is only applicable to scouters in his council.

Bob