The wild and wonderful world of insurance

I'm not a great lover of insurance companies.

At one time insurance was a very big expense for me.

I not unhappy with my insurance agents or the companies that I have coverage with. In fact I like both of the Agents I use. They are really nice fellows.

I really liked that before our agent would add OJ to our policy, that he insisted that he meet with him and explained what was what.

I think him being an ex-state trooper was a big help.

I never took the time to find out if the millions of dollars that the CEO of Progressive Insurance donated to the ACLU was from his own pocket or from company funds. I never paid much never mind as I don't deal with them anyway.

Years ago when I first landed in this fair land a lot of people told me that I sounded like the Beatles. I didn't see it as they had very strong Liverpool accents and I have a very nice London accent, maybe not Cockney but close.Then came Austin Powers, some of the younger people said I sounded like him.

Now it seems that the Geico gekko is a Londoner.I'm a little unsure about making the gekko a Cockney. Its an American commercial.

But he is kind of cute.

I have to smile when he talks about "Pie and Chips." Maybe Geico don't know that most meals of pie and chips are eaten in the pub!!

Still I'm happy that their spokesreptile is a Brit and who knows maybe the Robot will soon be danced in Windsor Castle.

I can just see Prince Charles and Prince Philip doing it.

I'm not going to change from Erie Insurance, but I do turn up the volume when the Geico gekko comes on.

Eamonn.