I've got to jump in here.

"supervisory level"? What? I didn't know I had a supervisor in the pack or that I supervised anyone.

Also, what's with all this pack gear. Your pack owns tents? Wow. Our pack owns a US flag, pack flag, some candles, a thing to hold the candles during the arrow of light ceremony, a copy of the leader books, some rank advancements that never got awarded, some popcorn prizes that never got awarded, and a PWD track. The cubmaster is the keeper of the PWD track, the flags, candles and candle holder. Different people have some of the books, but not a big deal because they change so often and we have multiple copies.

Oh, yeah we also have a bunch of participation badges left over from events.

Another suggestion regarding checks: When you print them, have two signature lines and a printed line that says "Two signatures required". No bank teller will cash a check with one signature if it clearly says on the check that two are required. Plus, every time a check is written, it is a reminder that the holder of the checkbook does not have the last word.

Sctmom, what I meant by supervisory level was a parent can't authorize another parents purchase. A den leader can but can't sign for another den leader and so forth. When it gets to CM must have CC signature and a CC must have the CM signature. For large purchases you need the committees approval. This removes the temtation. This form is unique to us and serves our needs. It might not be needed in other packs and for that you should feel extremly lucky.

Our pack shares space with a troop. This particular troops SM (our old CM) feels they are intitled to use our gear (without asking). By the way we share the same defunct organization. So an inventory list and different locks was our solution. For all of you that have trustworthy adults I want to say you are lucky.

Fscouter thanks. I automaticly thought the checks would come with 2 lines.