Can Committee members get the Boy Scout Leaders Training Award?

http://www.scoutingbsa.org/Programs/awards/Adult_Leader_Awards/Scouter_Key_Award.html

For the Scouter's Key award, scroll down and find the part that you fit under -- apparently it's available to Scoutmasters, equivalent positions in other parts of Scouting (Venture crews, etc.), and all commissioners.(This message has been edited by BartHumphries)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as a Troop Committee member who has this award (whatever it is currently called, or what it was called then), I guess I am fortunate that when I handed in my application, the only signatures required were that of my CC and the district training chair, both of whom apparently decided that I was eligible for the award and should receive it. BadenP's signature was not required. :) Regardless of whether the word "leader" is in the name of the award and regardless of whether I am a "leader", I did fulfill the requirements of the award. As some have pointed out, there is an award that Troop Committee members cannot earn, the Scouter's Key, and I'm just fine with that. The Scouter Training Award (or whatever) is for everybody else, including those of us who are "mere" Committee members.