How might the BSA better recognize trainers?

Eamonn, I said most of the time...

after all,

Univerisity of Scouting - I usually get to attend other modules, so don't feel too bad about paying for this.

IOLS if food is provided (for Staff) - I've not had it provided yet(for Staff) - it would be reasonable to pay the fee but I do get coffee and some free camping time(no youth) so still don't feel overly bad about paying for this one.

Woodbadge - I've not had the opportunity to Instruct yet but then I haven't had the meshing of work, home and Scouting calendars to take it either.

But to pay to go Instruct (not attend) most other one day or half day events gripes me just a wee little bit.

And the list of purchases you gave are your donations, not what the Council or District is asking/demanding of you...

(edit)

And in this area, it would be nice if someone other than SM's would pick up the Training ball - as in many organizations the over-committed do the majority of the work while the side-liners are more than happy to tell them how inadequately they are performing. Mean while the SM's are doing the Training so they can HAVE trained ASM's and Committee Members - 'cause no one else is doing it.

(2nd edit) And yes, I also pay for Training materials, consumables and even some handouts, out of pocket( while I wouldn't want to be obligated to) I do see this as generally part of the Trainers job.

(This message has been edited by Gunny2862)(This message has been edited by Gunny2862)