Ahhhh! That paints a different picture.

Now Bob six persons is still six Scouts although I have had (as a boy) eight in a Patrol Tent (we were small - max of about 12 years old).

Proud Eagle our tents are big canvass short walled arrangements using three poles that need to be lashed together. The sides and ends can be brailled up to make a canvass tarp/ fly. There is no separate fly sheet as the canvass is thick. No floor either and builders plastic fixes that. Cost about $700 -$1000 Aus ($500-$700 US I think) but they last for generations well cared for.

Our other tents are $20 tarp sheets. Very airy. If we use dome tents at all they belong to individuals and everyone seems to have one. Our weather is much more mild than some places in the US so perhaps we can use cheaper tents.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozemu, there is the rub. Due to the health regulations here in the BSA for us to put six persons in a tent during a long term camp we would have to use a tent that had a floor area in excess of 180 sq.ft, basically a 10 X 20 tent. With the number of scouts we go to camp with, the troop would need 5 such tents. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, not only that but wear would I store them the rest of the year?

Bob White

Heres another one of those paradigm shifts.

I forgot that the USA of pretty hooked on summer camp. The concept is familar to us only because of the number of US movies on tv. **** idea for new thread here!