Very serious question:

What is the BSA stock or bin number for that Daily Gazette? Please forgive me, but I sure as **** did not see that in my courseware at all.

I got told by my SPL/PD, SM/CD and more than one District Commish that once you take the taupe necker, your student days are done. Of course, if you choose to re-take, that is a different animal.

Can any of the Course Directors here make comment?

John, that quote from the Gazette is paraphrased from the WB Admin Guide, Appendix, Sample Bead Presentation (Page A-20 in publication 18-591)

"To prepare a candidate for acceptance into Wood Badge, we must first remove the Troop 1 neckerchief. This neckerchief has symbolized service to all that have seen it worn: service to the

unit, the district, and the council. Wherever Scouters gather, at camporees, summer camp, Order of the Arrowlook aroundtheres a Troop 1 neckerchief at work. To the candidate, the Troop 1 neckerchief is

a reminder of so much more: of joining together as a den, bridging to become a Scout, coming together as a patrol and as a team, and experiencing a Venturing ceremony; learning skills, working and camping

together, and growing in Scout spirit. So well have these Troop 1 neckerchiefs served that now they need not be retired, but rather they may now be worn with pride any time the Wood Badge Scouter answers the

call for service."

So I guess that answered the first question -- is there any restriction on wearing it after beading.

The second question... can someone who attended but didn't finish their ticket still wear the Troop 1 necker?? I know several people who never finished their ticket for one reason or another.

The only official documentation I can find regarding the wearing of neckwear on the official class A uniform is on the Boy Scout/Varsity Scout Uniform Inspection Sheet

Shirt and Neckwear

Official long- or short-sleeve tan shirt with red or blaze orange shoulder loops on epaulets. The troop/team may vote to wear a neckerchief, bolo tie, or no neckwear. In any case, the collar should be unbuttoned. The troop/team has the choice of wearing the neckerchief over the turned-under collar or under the open collar.

As a member of Wood Badge Troop 1, as with any troop, you should follow the Troop guidelines for neckwear, which is that participants in the Wood Badge training course wear the participant neckerchief but only during the period in which they are participating in the Wood Badge course (in other words, until they receive their Wood Badge). Once the Wood Badge is awarded, it is intended that the official beads, scarf, and woggle be worn together. The participant scarf is NOT a part of the Wood Badge recognition and should not be worn with the beads (exception: The Wood Badge staff wear the participant scarf with their beads for days 1-5 of the Wood Badge course).

A good web site for guidelines for wearing the Wood Badge regalia and other neckwear is

http://www.mninter.net/~blkeagle/neckwear.htm

Eagle Pete(This message has been edited by eagle-pete)