Forgive me while I reminisce

I just wanted to share a little bit of Wood Badge with y''all

I was invited to serve on staff for a two-weekend course which just completed last weekend. I served as Troop Guide over the Antelope Patrol.

It went so fast.. months of preparation only for 6 short days. I already miss it, like one of those vacations you come back from and want to go back.

If you will permit me, here are a couple highlights that stand out:

My friends that I pushed and prodded to go were there

And they are now even better friends. This was a husband and wife attending together, and as you know, this can be one of the best experiences for both. They have both thanked me for making sure they went. My reward is to see them now happier than they ever were.

Win All You Can

Without disclosing any of the particulars of this portion of the course, the coolest part of this for me was watching the transformation of the participants. As a participant, I never really understood this activity... not until I witnessed it as a staff member.

Birth of my 4th daughter

We were blessed with another daughter while I served on staff. Don''t worry, we had mom induced between weekends so I was able to be at the birth and also take my wife to and from the hospital. This was a challenge for me, as we were not really sure when we''d have the baby until a day or two before the inducement was scheduled. Her actual due date was on Day 5 during the course. I am glad I stayed with the course. Neither my wife nor I regret the decision.

Staff Dinner

It was then that our whole staff really became close. We shared some very personal feelings and appreciation there. Our friendships, brotherhood, and camaraderie solidified. There are very few experiences which I have had that allows for this kind of relationship building. Many of us will undoubtedly remain friends for life.

Of course, my patrol

As a Troop Guide, I had direct interaction with 6 participants: the antelopes. We became great friends and they became a great patrol. We shared a lot of experiences and good times. I hope they were able to have as good an experience as I had as a participant, that was one of the things I hoped to achieve. I now look forward to beading ceremonies.

These were just a few of the experiences, there were many more. Hopefully I''ll get a chance again to go up to The Hill.

Eagle Pete