I just did my first weekend at WB last week and for our patrol project we''re doing a community service themed info stand. Unfortunately none of us are very familiar with varsity scouting and we don''t know the color scheme. Scoutstuff.org isn''t much help as some Varsity stuff looks red and some looks orange. Is there an official set of colors for Varsity Scouting?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fox Patrol

NE-IV-197

I was leaning toward the orange, since the shoulder loops are "blaze" orange, but is there a secondary color? I know varsity''s uniform is the stardard tan/olive Boy Scout uniform, though I wanted to avoid duplicating colors on our display. We are planning a two-tone color scheme for each branch of Scouting. Blue w/ yellow trim & letters for Cubs, Tan w/ red for Boys, etc. I was thinking gray w/ orange for Varsity because there is the tshirt available at scoutstuff in those colors.

Opinions?

Have you looked at Scouting.org searching on Varsity Scouting? (The V looks Brown to my puter screen)

Have you looked at the Uniform Guide?

We did a similar project (I wonder if all WB21C patrol projects are this by curriculum). We bypassed Varsity altogether, going for Cubs, Boys, Venturing, and Scouters. We rolled Varsity into Boys, since they operate under the same advancement plan and the same G2SS limits.

Varsity Colors, Orange and Brown.

Oddly enough there is everything else under the BSA sun represented here http://www.scouting.org/nav/enter.jsp?s=xx&c=xm except the Varsity program.

I ran into this same issue when I took my course. I recently served on staff as a TG on a mainly LDS course (90% participants and staff were LDS folks) and learned a lot about Varsity Scouting.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for all the help! The letter did look kinda brownish now that I think about it. I think I''m gonna go with the gray/orange like the t-shirt. The light gray for the varsity section and the tan for the Boy scout section should offset the darker blue (cubs) and green (vent) pretty well. I''ll let yall know how things turn out after my 2nd weekend. Back to Gilwell...