Ticket Complete... can't get beaded?

Greetings Everyone!

As I began to review this post, the primary thing that came to mind was proper paperwork.

(Then I saw what Ed Mori had stated. Darnit, you stole my fire.. lol)

My 2 cents... Any unit conducting fundraising should submit the Unit Money Earning Application, via their COR, Committee Chairman, and the final authority for unit fund raising rest with District or Council Finance Committee.

If the District or Council gave approval, shame on Council. If a unit did not submit the application. Shame on the unit.

Was a Unit Money Earning Application, Form 34427 submitted (and approved) in this case?

Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

Thank you Eamonn and SR540Beaver for the info on the SE authority. I was not aware of that.

The question now in my mind is what was the point of the original post. The poster claims an "injustice" and is asking for clarity as to whether the BSA is petty and political.

Then nldscout says that the poster had not only been revoked of membership in the BSA, but is not forthcoming with the whole story anyway...

"Before anyone says anymore you should know that his membership has been revoked IAW BSA guidelines. He is not eligible to receive anything from BSA any longer, is banned from Attending BSA functions, is not allowed to be at any BSA activity. Its a bit more than he let on."

It's tough to reply to a question when you are not provided all the information.

ATCprofesr offers only vague notions of his side of the story, colored with unsubstantiated insults and accusations directed toward his council, SE and the BSA. Lot's of holes in his story along with unanswered questions. And then leaves out details such as a ruling by his council which completely bans him from all Boy Scouting activities.

This is just a little too one sided for me to swallow.

It is, however, a good example of how we, as scout leaders, should keep the same Scout Auth and Law as our boys do. This would have avoided a slough of problems, not to mention preserving his membership in the BSA - a membership which I, for one, cherish!

Eagle Pete(This message has been edited by eagle-pete)(This message has been edited by eagle-pete)