I really do enjoy Wood Badge.

Our Council is part of a cluster and 2007 is our year to host a course.

The Course Director will be a super nice female Scouter who I staffed a Cub Scout course with back many years ago. I started grooming her back when I was Council Training Chair and when I was CD. She was a ASM on that course.

While at times I do miss not going back to "Gilwell" and being where the action is. I have moved on and I'm happy to let new people do what needs to be done.

Add the fact that I'm really busy. 2007 is going to be the year that Her Who Must Be Obeyed packs my bags and sends me back to where once I came.

I want to do Sea Badge this coming Fall, the Sea Scouts are taking up a lot of my time, they are talking about going to the BVI. I will be visiting the World Jamboree and OJ and I are off to visit my sister in Hong Kong.

On top of all this I have been asked to be the Quartermaster for this upcoming course.

I really would love to do it, but I really don't have time and I think it's better to give someone else the opportunity to earn that third bead.

I hate the idea of seeming to let the side down and without wanting to sound big headed I know I would do a wonderful job. Still, I just don't have the time, something would have to suffer.

So I think I'm going to have say no.

Eamonn

Sometimes balancing competing personal interests makes for the toughest choices imaginable. You WANT(!!!) to do something, but it's below other things you MUST do, or WANT to and NEED to do.

I'm giving you feedback, Eamonn, because it reinforces the same lesson in my own life.