Venturing Crew Committee Training

Does anyone know if there are Leader Specific training courses for:

Venturing Crew Committee

Venturing Crew Committee Chairman

Those courses exist for Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts but I have necer seen them for Venturing.

Thanks.

I took Venturing Leader Specific Training about 14 months ago. It covers both program and support sides, along with VENTURING YP training!

The key takeaway is more and more decisions, along with more and more operational responsibility, drops down to the members. Committee folks are there mainly for mentorship, backup, and legal cover.

John

A Good Old Owl Too

John

While I agree with you. It is also worth remembering that a Lad working for his Eagle Scout rank in a Crew or Ship will need BOR's.

If you are very lucky you will find the Committee members who will want to work hand and hand with the Crew or Ship members, who will want to play a far more active role in the running of the unit than in the other program areas.

Where as in a Troop the treasurer can get by just reporting to the Troop Committee, our older youth really want to know what is going on.

They want to be more hands on when it comes to the management of their unit.

So while in packs and Troops having people who can just do the job is fine, but in Venturing they need to be able to explain a lot more to the youth members.

Owl62

All adults new to Scouting should take the New Leader Essentials course and there are courses for adults interested in Venturing and Sea Scouting available on line.

You might want to talk with your District Training Team. If your Committee is really wanting to be trained the Troop Committee Training presented with a few changes will work.

Eamonn.

Thanks to all.

I have completed Venturing Adult Leader Basic Training, New Leader Essentials, a bunch of other training courses including Boy Scout Committee training over the past 30 years.

Venturing Adult Leader Basic training mentioned the committee crew, but did not cover it in as much detail as the Boy Scout Committee training course did for Troop Committee training.

I have not been able to find any type of Venturing Crew Committee training anywhere. I don't think it exists.

Another question is, can Venturing Crew Committee members wear the trained strip with their committe patches, if they have attended Venturing Adult Leader Basic Training?

Thanks.