Training was a good experience

I am exhausted and have no ideal how I made it home driving by myself. The training taught me more about Boy Scouts than I knew. There was a lot of information that was presented that I know will be beneficial to my son (and hopefully other boys) and myself.

I learned how to use a compass. This is the first time I it has ever made sense to me. There is no way I could find my way yet, but wuth practice I think I could.

The trainers were friendly and knowledgable. The other Scout leaders that were there were very nice also.

One unexpected result from the weekend was what I learned about tents. I got a chance to look at some tents. Because I actually got to see and inspect the tents, I now know what the difference between 'cheap' tents and more 'expensive' tents are. I slept in a Eureka Outfitter and found it really nice.

I am glad that I didn't change my mind and not go. They also announced a Wood Badge course that our council is having next Fall. I have awhile to think about that, but I will probably wait until the next time they offer it (which they thin will be in 3 years).

I echo the "DON'T WAIT 3 YEARS" sentiment!! Make plans to take it next fall..you will not regret the decision! It will help you learn how you can both help the troop and make a lasting difference. You will also find that the training will carry over into your every day life too! Don't wait!!

Sue M.