Resident Camp

We've considered it one of the organized resident camp programs for cub scouts put on by the council, and these usually involve a parent or family coming along as well (only Webelos have the option to go to camp without parent here).

That is what I was thinking it would be, since wolves cannot attend the week long camps on their own. My son attended Day Camp(I know this isn't a resident camp), and Partner and Pal camp over the summer, and there are 2 other council overnight events coming up in Oct. So he has/will get that elective.

In our council wolves can go for a week of resident camp, if a pack goes for it. Most packs in our area offer the mini-week resident camp the council camps offers for wolves and bears and then webelos attend webelos weeks where the whole facility and program are dedicated to that age group.

Some councils offer family camp weekends where cubs of all ages can sleep over with their families , siblings too

Since cub aged boys are not supposed to camp on their own.....Yes, Mom or Dad must go to resident camp with them.

I have taken webelos to resident camp with just one parent for the entire crew for the last 4 years now.....It has never been an issue the guys were fantastic.

Scoutfish and I had a debate about this a couple of years ago......His council puts on a resident camp in the fall that is only two nights......But this is because the council camp is completely over booked all summer....No room for the cubs.

Resident camp is more than a Pack campout, it is a council or district hosted multi night event.....Some councils it is as short as 3 nights others it could be 5 nights.

There are different types of camping for Cubs. here are some of the main ones.

Day Camps are one to multiple day events where no overnight camping is done, and a set of National Standards are met.

Resident Camps are 2-4 day events, if I'm not mistaken, where the Cubs stay overnite, and a set of National Standard are met.

Council Family Camp Outs are 2-3 day events with two or more packs camping together. So if your pack goes camping with another, technically it is a council family camp out. There are National Standards for these, but not as strict as Res Camp.

Pack Camping is just that.

Webelos Den Camping. Only Webelos Dens can camp on their own. part of the transisiotn to Boy Scouts.