Shooting Badge for Cub Scouts

I was recently contacted by one of our scout leaders to see if I could locate and print the Shooting Badge target and applications. I was told that NSSF.org had the paprewok, however I cannot locate anythting on their website. Can anyone tell me where to get the 2012 targets and badge applications, or if they even have this program any longer?

Thanks

Clay

The only "shooting badge" for Cub Scouts is the Cub Scout Academics and Sports BB-Gun Shooting belt loop/pin. These can NOT be earned at the Pack, den or individual level. They can ONLY be earned thru a council/district activity.

As far as I can tell, the NSSF youth programs were for Boy Scouts, not Cub Scouts, and are no longer being done. NSSF does, however, provide Boy Scout Merit Badge Counselors.

For more information, have your Scout leader contact your local council.

They discontinued the program last year. So no more patches. Also I think BSA discontinued the certificates last year as well since I ordered them and they did not show up.

I made my own certificates with a color printer and resume paper.

Yeah, I ran a BB shooting event at a spring Pack campout at our Council Cub World and was disappointed to find that the NSSF has discontinued the junior USA Shooting team badge. I had many excited Cub Scouts at previous shootings earn the badge. Some of those same boys are now working on their Rifle and Shotgun Merit Badges.