Pack Ceremony for presenting belt loops

Does anyone have a ceremony they use when they present belt loops at the pack meeting? Currently, I just call the scout up to the front of the room, tell everyone which award he has earned and hand it to him. Then he goes back to his seat and shows it to his parents. We also award tiny segment patches in our council for participating in various activities during the month, and I usually award these the same way.

We/our advancement coordinator tries to do something different for each type of award that is presented.

Ranks and arrow points and other "advancement" stuff gets a more formal ceremony focused on what the award is all about.

We presented bobcat badges in blown up ballons, where the boys got their Cub Scout careers off with a "bang" to claim their badge.

For the fun/elective stuff like belt loops, it's something fun and short. For instance we gave each boy a package of Swedish Fish candy along with their "Swimming" belt loop.

We try, but sometimes we're limited by time and they just get the baggie treatment on belt loops. It all depends.

We don't I think because we just have WAY too many. We average about 20-40 belt loops per meeting. It takes long enough to just name them for recognition..if we were to do something special for handing them out we'd be there all night.

I hand them to their den leaders at the beginning of the pack meeting and he in turn gives them to the parents. We also that way avoid (most) lost items.

During pack meetings, We call up each den - one at a time - and the bDL will tell the audienmce what the den has been doing, working on, etc...for the last month.

He will them hand each boy his BL, patches, badges, awards, etc.. all in a smal ziplock bag while reading what they are to the audience.

The audience usually give a short round of appluase to each boy.

Then the next den is called up.

WE don't do anything super special for the same reasons basement said: Too much time and pretty soon, the boys would expect applause and an award for wiping their mouth after eating or remembering to flush the toilet.

Now, if a scout earns his LNT award or Cub Scout Activity or Cub Scout World Conservation award, we will call up the individual scout to present that.