Gift for den leader

When my older son's den was moving on to Boy Scouts, the boys and their families gave us a gift certificate to a local restaurant but the best gift was a plaque that had 5 group pictures on it - 1 from each year the kids were in Cub Scouts. That is proudly displayed in our living room.

As a retiring Cub leader I got some nice cards, some gift cards to go out dining with my Scout widow wife BUT the BEST gift was some photos of "my boys" and one of me teaching them the Boy Scout Oath. Not all of them are going on to Boy Scouts so I will miss that group.

As 4 of our adults are crossing out of the pack - ACM, DL, CC and Awards Chair, I went out and bought 4 plain hiking sticks. I engraved something pertaining to each person and what they did for the pack onto their hiking stick.

For the ACM, I had ALL of the boys in the pack sign it.

For the DL, I had all the boys in his den sign it,

For the CC, I had all the adult leaders and committee sign it,

For the awards Chair, the boys signed it also.

Haven't given it yeat, but so far, all the other committee members and DL's think it's a great idea.

If that isn't your thing...any craft that the boys themselves worked on and made or a ($30.00 max ) gift card to the scout shop.