webelos camping

Bear den: I've always found the G2SS puzzling when it comes to Webelos camping.

Our Troop has taken Webelos Dens on campouts for years. While we prefer that each Webelos Scout have a parent along so that the parents get to know our Troop leadership and see for themselves how our Troop operates, it is not always possible. Our Council has had a 3:1 ratio for Webelos Scouts for as long as I can remember (1 adult for every 3 Webelos Scouts - of course remembering to have 2-deep leadership to start with).

We require the Den Leader or Asst. Den Leader and one other parent attend any campouts we do with Webelos Dens. Like your situation, more and more boys are in single parent situations, most times with younger siblings. We feel as long as the Webelos Scouts have at least two-deep leadership provided from their Den, that works for us.

So once we get past all the "encouraged to, most of the time, usually, would like to have, and hope for"'s..It seemslike the very basic known rule is the one concerning 2 deep leadership.

Afer that, it seems - in my opinion anyways - that ......."It is essential that each Webelos Scout be under the supervision of a parent-approved adult." ...steps up as the next rule.

"parent approved adult"

So, that could be the DL, or the ( or one of the) ADL's or any other parent who tags along.

Now, 2 deep aside, I wouldn't want 1 person being responcible for the entire bunch, but figuring a normal den size and at least 2 if not 3 adults should be fine.