Cross the entire Pack over

I stand corrected:

At one of our pack meetings, we replace the normal pack meeting witha formal indoor Arrow of Light ceremony complete with an OA indian as speaker and presenter to the Webelos.

After the AoL Award ceremony, we also have the Webelos crossover ceremony , to which , at the point they cross over, to the new troop, they recive a neckerchief and hat.

Later, at our pack family campout, we have graduation for the rest of the cub scouts as well as have another outdoors and less formal crosover ceremony for the Webelos. This time, they just cross over - they do not get greeted by their new troop or recieve a neckerchief or hat or anything else.

Basically, it's the last time they participate with the pack/ friends/ family as a Webelos rank cub scout.

We still have some OA indians show up and do stuff, but it's stuff that wasn't appropriate to do inside the CO's building. You know fire and stuff.

This year we have the honor of having both active military and retired vets to assist us/ demonstrate to us... a flag retirement ceremony.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my previous pack, we did a bridging ceremony for every den: Tigers to Webelos. It was meaningful for the boys, and as a parent, I enjoyed the pomp and circumstance of the transformation that is a boy changing his neckerchief color. The boys look so much older after you just change the color around their neck and the hat on their head!

I can see both sides to doing/not doing a bridging for every rank, but it may work for some and not others. I don't think it robs a Webelos --> Boy Scout ceremony of anything, it just reinforces its importance.