Webelos Summer Camp - What to look for?

My son is very excited about attending Webelos Resident Camp with my husband who is the Webelos DL. We live an hour from our Council's Camp, and they will have 3 nights of Webelos camp once in July.

We also live 1 to 2 hours from 3 other BSA camps.

Since this is his last year in Webelos, and he's never attended Webelos camp, I'd like to make sure he has a good experience.

What factors should I consider? What questions should I ask?

Thanks!

The Key is FUN, FUN, FUN! Program related to advancement is good, BUT what other opportunities are there, i.e. climbing, rowing, nature, etc. Camp is not suppose to be 100% advancement, but 100% FUN with some advancement thrown in ;)

From the Program Freak who is working on CSDC program as I type.

I'll agree with Eagle92 -- the primary ingredient is fun (which you may or may not be able to tell up front), with lots of activities.

There is always time for advancement later, so I personally think a primary goal should be getting your son into a position that he loves camp. That will set up some excellent Boy Scout summer camps in his future.

Guy

I agree that fun is a big part of what to look for. We looked for a camp that had activities that the boys liked. Canoeing, climbing and rappelling where the BIG 3 that our boys wanted to do. They had received a quality program, had alot of fun along the way, and worked on advancement in the process. They had so much fun their first year of Camp that all they talked about the whole next year was how much they couldn't wait to go to camp again!!

We are crossing over all 8 of our Webelos and they all have their first deposits in for Troop Summer Camp!