Who's got pictures of den doodles? I've seen the one in the How To Book, I'm just looking for some other options.

Does anyone else use them? If so, what types of things do the boys do to earn beads for it.

We used a den doodle this year for our Webelos since they didn't get beads to track their progress toward rank. We took a child's t-shirt and traced it on plywood. Painted the shirt blue and outlined the collar and sleeves in yellow. Printed a Webelos badge in a relatively big size and decoupaged it to the center. We then used little hooks all over the shirt. We used square blocks about 2 inches by 2 inches painted yellow. We put an eye hook on top and hung a leather string from the bottom for the beads. The boys decorated them with markers and hang them up at almost every meeting.

We took a coffee can and filled it with plaster of paris and then placed a pvc pipe in it. The pvc pipe was then attached to the shirt by pipe straps. This gave it some stability to stand on the table or the stage, wherever we were using it.

We bought colored beads and give them beads for completing a Webelos requirement(blue), earning badges(yellow), earning belt loops and/or pins(athletic-green, academic - red), and then for special things we bought "special" beads - sports themed ones, silver ones, etc.

The boys are very proud to track their progress. If they were getting a lot of beads, I had dixie cups filled with their beads ahead of time. We had 13 boys in our den at one time and it just took too long to hand them out any other way. We lost a couple along the way due to other committments.

Hope this helps.

The boys really like this - no other den uses it and they like to get beads and put them on their doodle. The boys that have been to day camp are used to getting beads at every activity to put on thier totems.

What I'm planning to do is make a large Arrow, out of a dowel, and 2 pieces of wood cut/painted to look like an Arrowhead and Tailfeathers

Along with that, I will have a piece of wood for each Boy, with their name. That piece will hang from the arrowshaft, and also have the plastic rope to hold the beads hanging below.