Den Doodle/Flag questions

I'm in a new pack that doesn't currently use den Flags/doodles, and I'm wanting to introduce them to build up some "Den pride".

Anyone have any good links to ideas that have worked for other dens?

What I'm thinking of doing is combining the two. Basically, a blue felt background, and have each boy cut out and decorate a yellow felt hand, and put it on the flag. Along with that, have wooden rods at the top and bottom of the flag (So it hangs mroe like a scroll), and fasten the beads, etc. for each boy to the bottom rod.

Anyone have experience with something like this, or any other ideas to look at?

We are the only den with a den doodle. We took a child's t-shirt and drew the outline on some plywood. Cut it out, sanded it and painted it blue. Took the Webelos emblem and decoupaged it on there. Cut squares out of wood and painted yellow. Attached some cording to it for the beads. Boys decorated it with their name and whatever else they wanted on it. Have it attached to a pole and stuck in a coffee can filled with plaster of paris. Kids love it.

Each den has a flag with the emblem of the den on it. We gave each kid white ribbon and fabric markers and they decorated their ribbon however they wanted. All ribbons hang from the top of the stick.