I believe the event is called "Beach Jam" and is held in October and May. You can contact the people at Maury's Pier for information.

We have never gone as a Pack, but I have heard from others it's a fun weekend.

Morey's Piers in Wildwood, NJ hosts the Scouting event known as Beach Jam where thousands of Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts pitch their tents on the beach. They offer a very reasonable package deal that includes 2 days of unlimited amusement rides, meal vouchers (served buffet style), a bonfire (weather permitting), a beach dance party with DJ and ecology class as well as a patch. Beach Jam T-shirts are available all over the boardwalk. In the event of windy weather - anchor your tents securely with sand filled jugs and soda bottles as they request no staking. There may also be other scheduled activities. you can get more info by calling Morey's Piers directly at (609)522-3900 or visit the website at www.MoreysPiers.com . My family has attended the event for the last 4 years - it's lots of great fun and amazing to see thousands of tents pitched on the beach from the great Ferris Wheel!