Adult leader holding multiple Unit positions

wow, thats a good size pack.

I would be really uncomfortable with that amount of control in one person. I have been worried about our pack with its growth. As with business, an organization can be very different from one year to the next and leadership needs to take this into account.

If the other leadership committee members feel as you do, could you band together and tell this person you would be happy to have him stay on as as a committee member and DL but due to the size of the pack, you really need to have one person dedicated to only the CC position. I feel that there are conflicts with the involvement in three layers of the organization.

I think people are always willing to step up if you give them some ideas. I know our Den is kind of a co-leader situation with multiple co leaders.

I would bet money at some point this person will just give up one job with no fallback. And I would put my money on the highest level being the keeper.

One of the hardest things is confronting folks in your group about this. Confronting is the wrong term. I have a good friend who was a Human Resources for years and now leads a non profit group in her area. I have told her she should give seminars about leadership in non profit groups as from what I can tell its a critical cog missing in lots of scout groups.