Patch & Pin Master Order Sheet

I am trying to find out if such a thing exists for Cub Scout advancement purposes. Our pack has a new volunteer willing to shop for the awards we give out at each pack meeting, but we are looking for a way to make the job easier. Does some type of spreadsheet or master order sheet exist in the scouting world that leaders can use to check off the beads, belt loops, pins, and patches they need for each scout?

Any ideas would help me! Thanks.

No, sorry, there is no master BSA shopping list of all possible awards. Most units use a homemade spreadsheet of some kind.

Another possible way to go is with a Unit Management program of some sort. There are a number of them out there that will generate shopping lists based on what the boys have earned. My Pack is currently looking into using one of these.

Some I have found are - PackMaster & Scoutmate (CD based) - ScoutManage & Scouttrack (internet based).

GT,

Greetings!

There are a few routes. Unfortunately, I do not have any of these sources infront of me right now (darnit).

Online Advancements (which most councils have enrolled in) Offer a simple purchase list have the advancement report is electronically submitted. Most councils are asking their Units to register for Online Advancements. It doesn't cost a thing, and faster than sending the report to the registrar. There are a few downsides that need to be worked out though, Boy Scout ranks and some Venturing Awards require a Board of Review or Crew Review, and the BOR/CR members need to sign the advancement report.

I believe most third party software offers a printed list, after the advancement report has been printed. And most of these third party softwares are compatible with Online Advancements (as requested by BSA when they purchase the Online Advancement contract).

Finally, the paper triplicate copy of the Unit Advancement Report (BSA form 34403B). Has a purchase form on the back of the report (which needs to be filled in by the Unit).

Although not electronic, it could provide a sample to create a local excel sheet. (Cut and pasting the five columns from the pdf file).

On the backside of the Unit Advancement Report (not the online pdf file, from www.scouting.org/forms/34403.pdf only has page 1). But, on the actual triplicate form there is a white, yellow and pink copy. White and Yellow go to Council, Pink copy is retained by the Unit. I believe on the backside of the white copy is a purchase list and bin numbers for Cub Scout ranks and Boy Scout ranks.

The Far East Council has the 1992 edition

Troop 137 has a 1998 edition.

http://www.fareastbsa.org/advancem.pdf

http://www.troop137.com/pdf/adv_report.pdf

Hope this helps!

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

Here is the order form we use in our den. Each den leader uses the page specific to his den and turns it in to the person responsible for obtaining awards. The Webelos page is especially great because it describes the activity pin so there is no mistaking what is needed. Hope this helps.

http://www.wcnet.org/~kbrandt/cubs/packawardorderform.pdf

I should probably clarify....this is not our pack web site. It is a site that I found while surfing for the same thing you are looking for now. They have a lot of great downloadable files. Just didn't want to take credit where credit was not due!