New Tiger Registration

I am a new cubmaster preparing for my first school night registration. I am trying to prepare a sheet that will give a good view of what costs they should expect initially and then annually.

One question I am running into is what is required for registering Tiger Cubs. When my son joined two years ago, each Tiger had to have their adult partner fill out an adult volunteer application with a registration cost of $10. This was the requirement since adult partners had to be present at every meeting. In the current information I have received, there is no mention of this. The adult volunteer applications that I have no longer have a unit position code of Adult Partner which is what I believe the code was. Has the application requirement been eliminated for all adult partners. It seems that may be the case so that just the Tiger Cub Den Leader and Assistant Den Leader would have to fill out the forms.

If the adult partners do have to all fill out an application, then my follow-up question has to do with rechartering. Our district recharters in February but our Tiger program ends in May. Do we have to recharter all adult partners. If we do, the registration costs for each adult partner would total $15.10 so the pack would likely end up absorbing the excess.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Adult partners do not have to fill out an adult volunteer application, and they don't have to pay the registration fee. I just rechartered my pack a few months ago, and we did not have to pay registration fees for the Tiger partners.

However, the application does say that you need an adult application if the adult partner "is not the parent living at the same address." I guess that's so they can do a background check on them.

While it is a good idea to register as many adults as possible, Tiger Partners do not have to be registered separately from their Tiger.

The bottom part of the boy's application has a box to check that the adult info being provided is for the Tiger Cub Adult Partner. If they do NOT also check the box stating they are his guardian then they must fill out a separate adult application.