Special advancement ceremony

Two of my wolves received their Wolf badge in December, and most of the rest will receive it at the Blue and Gold. December's pack meeting focused on the Webelos who received their arrow of light, so we didn't do anything special for the boys who received their Wolf. I'd like to use a special advancement ceremony for the ones who receive it at the Blue and Gold, though. Should we include the boys who already received theirs in the ceremony?

How were the wolf badges presented in December?

Was it at a pack meeting, a den meeting, handed to them as they walked out the door? If at the pack meeting, was there any ceremony at all?

A boy should be recognized for his rank achievement in front of the pack. If that happened in December (albeit not in a super special way) then I think that was their moment in the sun. Although, a second moment does not really hurt, other than to cause 'parent' complaints that little Johnny and Billy got two recognitions.

If the two received their award at a lack luster ceremony and all the plugs are being pulled out for the B&G, I would present them the award again. You could make mention of the fact that they did receive it before.

I don't think that we can over recognize a young Lad and the person who might say anything would have to be a real green meanie!

Eamonn.

I think their award should be recognized along with the other boys at the B&G. The more "den as a unit" emphasis the better, if for no other reason. If I convert this to troop - our scouts get their rank advancement right away in front of the troop. Then, at the next court of honor, they and their parents are called up and the SPL gives the parent's pin to the scout who gives it (99% of the time) to his mom.

Once in front of the troop, once in front of parents, guests and troop (or pack).

Vicki