We (our Pack) were asked to be part of our city's 150th birthday parade. The theme is "Pride in our Past - Faith in our Future" so Scouting is a perfect fit. We really want to do this event, but are SO overwhelmed by many things that are happening at the same time.

Can anyone help us out with ideas for a simple, easy, but nice looking float?! We'll be using fairly large hayrack pulled behind a Truck.

Thanks!!

At our annual Christmas parade, we just load a trailer full of hay and go. Someone bought a set of reindeer antler hats for all the Tigers to wear. My Webelos tell me they have too much self-respect to wear them. ;)

You'll need to find old uniforms for my idea to work but here goes.

Have a guy in an old cub uniform with beanie and a guy in an old Boy Scout uniform (green with garrison cap). Next have a guy in a spacesuit (you're on your own here) planting the flag on the moon (I believe that Armstrong is an Eagle) maybe with a big Eagle Scout emblem on his chest. Lastly, have a big model of a futurstic space ship (Scout logo prominently on Wings and tail) flying off the end of the float as if into space. A sign could say "Scouting -- connecting the past to the future"