Bear Elect. 22a: Make an Arrow Holder

My cubs just finished a wonderful week of day camp. In addition to earning their Archery belt loop, they satisfied the archery skill requirements for Bear Elec. 22a. However, they still need to "make an arrow holder."

I'll be a den leader at another day camp in a week & I'd loved to see my boys finish this final requirement for the elective. I haven't been able to find any crafty arrow holders on the Internet.

Anyone have any cheap & easy ideas?

Actually I think it is Sports Elective 20a. but you can find out how to do it in the Archery sports booklet. A simple way is with a stiff wire coat hanger bent into a ring at one end ant bedt parallel to the ground then stick the other end in the ground. you can now place the arrows tip down, through the ring and the arows will stand next to the archer.

Hope this helps,

Bob White

Instead of each boy making a arrow holder (quiver) why not have all of them work together to make a nice one! Check out: http://www.primitivearcher.com/articles/popequiv.html

An added hint, keep the quiver and when you make the AOL arrows (another story but a great idea) store them in the quiver that you all made and make sure it is on display at the B&G/Crossover ceremony.