Cub Day Camp

I'm gathering ideas for our Annual Cub Day Camp.

The theme we decided on is Scouting Around the World. The camp is run for three days with round robin activities. Stations include Nature/Environment, Crafts, Sports, Swimming, Archery and B B Guns.

We are planning on traveling to 3 regions

South America, Scotland/Great Britian, and the Orient. This will take us around the world in a few short hops.

I'm looking for ideas for regional crafts and nature ideas for the areas I listed. Any ideas would be appreciated.

CindyMcH

Our council just completed day camps in all of it's districts with the theme "Scouting Around the World". Each group traveling from site to site was a country and our event sites were "worldly" by name. Example: Pond Study became "Ocean Study", the nature hike became "Hike Around the World", leather craft was "The Shoe Leather Express", etc. - you see where I'm going. There are imaginations that are more creative than mine, but tying into the theme and building upon it was lots of fun.

You're fortunate that you have swimming available because we didn't. When our weather got real hot, we eliminated one activity and switched it to sponge water wars so we could get the Scouts wet. The event staff organized a bunch of games where the boys would get splashed and wet and cooled off. It was a hit.

Rope making and plaster of Paris animal tracks were fun. The animal tracks do go fast so you will want something extra to fill the time at this event site. We used the time to have each group make flags of their country. At the closing ceremonies, we had a Parade of Nations where the flags were diplayed in a procession around the campfire area.

Another thing you might consider is bringing in a Native American to lead an activity and share some Native American games the Scouts can try. Lacrosse is a fun game and the boys enjoyed trying it.

Good luck with your camp. It's very rewarding.