Patrols using a theme at camp?

Last year at camp I saw a troop with their patrols using a pirate theme, they dressed the parts, carried a "treasure chest" (filled with the little gold and silver chocolates), drank "wine" with their dinners (sparkling grape juice) and of course said everything ending in "arrr", and another poster had a patrol do a "search for the holy grail" theme (rider on toy horse in front with rest of patrol behind clapping coconuts together...I love this one!). So my question is:

are any of the rest of us doing something like this? in the case of the kids I saw, they really seemed to be enjoying themselves and it seemed to bring even more unity, or if you want...espirit de corps to the boys. Whats your thought?

Yep, our guys did the Monty Python bit. We also had Hawaiian day where we all wore flowered shirts, hat paper umbrellas in our drinks in the dining hall and gave out flower leis during lunch assembly to all the staff. We had day when we all wore our troop T-shirts, long black ties and black sunglasses to assembly. No real name for that one, guys just thought it would be fun. Saturday morning is the last day and we wear goofy pajamas and carry pillows and teddy bears to morning assembly and breakfast.

Next year they are already planning Indiana Jones day complete with a boulder they will roll down from our campsite into the assembly area.

I had to get them started on this - gave them the first idea a couple of years ago. Since then, it's something they look forward to planning every year. A lot of fun and builds spirit.