Summercamp 2008???

Hi,

I'm a scoutleader from Denmark and we're thinking of coming to America next summer for a summercamp. Are there anyone who can put me in contact with someone? Our children are between 12-14.

Look forward hearing from you

Kind Regards

Grit Theilgaard

Greetings,

One camp that I would highly recommend is that of Workcoeman Scout Reservation. It is a very good camp on the east cost of the United States, and is about an hour drive from Bradley international Airport. This is a high quality camp that understands the basic needs of units and tailors a quality and individual program that helps units grow and have fun with a purpose. I have been to this camp many times as our unit has been to this camp for a number of years. Workcoeman really delivers what a Boy Scout camp should offer and does it almost flawlessly. This camp is well known and holds a high reputation in the reputation and the east cost for its program and excellent staff. I highly recommend this camp, feel that this camp would be a great camp for you to come to, I encourage you to check out their website at www.campworkcoeman.org or feel free to private message me with any questions that you might have. Good luck and happy hunting.

SM12505

Grit,

Welcome to the Forums.

We can provide as many different environments and programs in Scout Camps as you'd like. Before we really get into flooding you with recommendations, do you have an idea of where you want to visit in the US? That will help us narrow our favorite camps to places which you might want to investigate!

Also, I think it'd be a good idea if you contact your National Association, and have them contact the BSA International Division in Irving. There are resources to help you plan and coordinate a successful international trip!

Happy Camping until we see you over here!

Grit,

Vilkommen! Jeg boede i Danmark en gang, for meget aar siden. Nu bor jeg i Michigan i USA og min 13 aarige dreng er Boy Scout med en Troop herover. Jeg skal vaere glaede, at hjaelpe, vis det er muligt. Vi har ogsa Scouting venner og familien in New York, som kunne maaske hjaelpe dig. Hvis duu har lust maa du gern sender mig email til: nbs1651 @ yahoo.com

PS - I apologize for my rusty Danish - it has been a long time!

best,

Lisa

http://www.camplanoche.com/camp_information.htm

Above should be a link to camp la no che which is the Boy scout camp striking distance to Disney World and the rest of the Orlando attractions. If you are bound and determined to attend a summer camp they offer them but remember summer camp is offered to our boys so they can work on merit badges that are part of their rank advancement process I don't know how well that will translate to your system. Also a point to remember in the U.S. troops are not coed no girls! looking at the Denmark system some of the groups are coed and some are not.