So, I am going to Philmont at the end of the month and over the course of a few training trips it became apparent my pack had seen its best days. Off to Camp-Mor (2 hour trip) and home with a new Kelty Red Cloud 110. Then last week was its maiden voyage. It was terrible. The shoulder straps kept getting loose and it felt like it would fall off 10 minutes after I cinched it up. I called Kelty to complain on Monday. The guy there said he would send out a replacement pack and just wanted me to send back the one I bought. He sent me the shipping label by email. The pack came today. The SHoulder strap does have a mucher heavier cincher thingie on it. Will be off to the Magnificient Thunder Swamp of the Delaware State forest this weekend.

Will let you know how it goes, thus far color me impressed with Kelty

OGE

One thing I have seen with several packs, even some high-end ones: sometimes the plastic teeth on the cinch buckles do not have very much "bite" into the nylon webbing. Sometimes they are not molded cleanly or crisply. Using a small file to sharpen the teeth usually takes care of the problem. Be careful not to nick the nylon if the buckle is not removable.

Have fun at Philmont and good luck,